I am the WORST yo-yo dieter known to man. I wish there were a support group for yo-yo dieting because I’d be the first one there. Every couple weeks I get focused, on track with my diet, my water intake is fabulous, my workouts are nothing short of amazing and then the next week I get busy, I eat horrible on the go, my water intake lacks significantly, my workouts are nonexistent and the cycle starts all over again! Yes, that’s me.
As the owner of a “weight loss” company you’d think I’d be hitting the gym for hours upon end everyday to stay in the best shape I possibly can, right? WRONG! Who would do my work for me? And honestly… who the hell has time for that?!!!
So Yes, I AM LABELING MYSELF AS A YO-YO DIETER. But not looking at the “downfalls” of “yo-yo” dieting. Not at all. Always have to find the positive in everything, right? I look at yo-yo dieting as
- A challenge for myself. – Why? Because I know I can take the weight back off again. (See what I did there? I KNOW I CAN.—The mind is the first thing you have to convince!!!) As I grow older it is getting harder…but the challenge just gets more and more challenging and I push myself a little harder each time.
- I like to try new things. I get super bored with the same thing all the time. Honestly if there were a new training, a new supplement, a new innovation that came out monthly, I’d be the one to try it. That’s why I am always coming out with new supplements. New ingredients, new ways of “dieting”, new exercises, new “fads”, etc etc. I like to do it all!
- I build tolerance way to fast. What I mean by that is I may take a supplement for 3,5,10 days before taking a break, doing a detox, or switching to a different one. Ever take a supplement and have AMAZING energy, focus, appetite suppression and by the 2nd week your body is like “ok, that was fun. I’ll go back to doing nothing again.” ME ME ME!! I swear my body hates me sometimes. We build tolerance to things. Some in a few days, some in a few months, some may never be this way… (and I envy those who do not build tolerance) I’d love to stick to one thing and have it work 100% of the time. But..we are human and that’s just not how it works!
- I like puzzles. I like to figure things out. I’m quite the complicated person sometimes..(just as my husband..he will tell ya all about it!) One week I may try this diet with this pill and the next week try a different diet with the same pill, mix up the pills, mix up the exercises, mix up the eating and so one. I’m actually surprised at what results I can find by doing this!
Ok, so back to my point. My last 2 weeks with Predator. I cannot believe I stuck with the same supplement for 2 whole weeks! Eek!! That’s a little amazing for me lol. Anyway… I started Predator, I started some HIIT training sessions, I am still drinking my daily Crave Whey Protein, and I am intermittent fasting. So I have 4 DIFFERENT THINGS going for me here. Not 1. Not 2…..4!!! (Please take a look back to see what it is you’re doing… just taking a pill? NOT ENOUGH. Following a diet half-assed? NOT ENOUGH. Not working out? NOT ENOUGH. Come on…. Get off facebook for 20 minutes a day and get moving. It’s really not that complicated. It’s all in what you put your mind to.
Ok so here are my results….
Obviously the top is the after. Exactly 2 weeks after I started this absolutely crazy pill, intermittent fasting, weight training (if that’s what you want to call it- I’m doing a tone and tighten tank top challenge for summr) Crave Whey Protein, and HIIT.
I think I have some pretty darn good results here!! Wouldn’t you agree?
Weight= -4 pounds
Belly: -3 inches
Hips: -1 inch
Waist: -1.5 inches
2 weeks guys!! Do you know how long that would’ve taken me to do without any supplements? I’d eat my way through house and home and I’d probably end up gaining what I just took off.
Ok so anyway, what is HIIT? What is Intermittent Fasting? What are these supplements I speak of?
HIIT—High Intensity Interval Training. Short bursts of 30 seconds to 1 minute workouts with little breaks, few breaths inbetween each circuit for a total of 20 minutes. Yep… only 20 minutes. Not even kidding. You sweat, I cried, I pushed and then I pushed some more. (I’ll show you what I mean later in the article)
Intermittent fasting—just as it sounds. The starvation diet. Haha kidding. I really didn’t starve thanks to Predator. I just didn’t have an appetite. It was actually easy to do with a little help. Now my body is just trained to not eat til noon. There are many different variations of intermittent fasting, however. If you are like 85 percent of the population and have insulin resistance, my personal recommendation is to fast every day by simply scheduling my eating into a narrower window of time each day. I find this method to be easier than fasting for a full 24 hours or more, twice a week. I eat my 1200 calories in 3 meals between noon and 8 pm. I don’t eat anything after 8 pm until noon the next day and it is working for me. Yes, I still have black coffee in the morning and yes I still drink my water until noon but I eat nothing except that little black and red pill. (CAUTION: Taking a thermogenic while fasting may increase the effectiveness of the pill—learned the hard way! Only take one capsule of Predator or Simply Skinny Elite while fasting!) One of the primary mechanisms that makes intermittent fasting so beneficial for health is related to its impact on your insulin sensitivity. I’m not going to go into a big long blurb about fasting so here is a fantastic link that explains how it works.
A little looksy at my day:
6 am- wake up. 1 bottle water. 1-3 cups of black coffee. (Hey I am a coffee drinker and I need my coffee) 1 Predator
11:00 Amp’d preworkout! I drink this for the amino acids, creatine, energy, and the push it gives me to sweat for 20 minutes without a break! Creatine helps you build strength and lean muscle mass. If you are looking to get lean, then this is the amino acid you need. L-carnitine transfers long-chain fatty acids, such as triglycerides into mitochondria, where they may be oxidized to produce energy. (bodybuilding.com)
11:15 20 minute HIIT WORKOUT-
Jumping Jacks 30 seconds
Bear Walk- 30 seconds as fast as you can
Seal Jack- 1 min
15 sec break
Side plank with elbow to elbow 25 reps each side
Bicep curls with 8 lb weights (on knees)
Kneeling shoulder press 25 reps
Burpee with shoulder press 1 min
Kickback with hop
Split lunge with bicep curl
V-sit with bicep curl and shoulder press 25 reps
V-sit bicycle 25 reps
Lunch ( Crave Whey Protein Shake with banana and pb2) or
500 – 700 calories total
Meat, potatoes, salad
Snack (usually another protein shake or bowl of cereal)
- Everyone knows a jumping jack correct?
- Bear Walk
- Seal Jack
- Mogul Plank (arms stationary, jump side to side)
- Side Plank with elbow to elbow touch
- Twister burpee (a little complicated at first but you’ll get there!)
- Bicep curls on knee
- Kneeling shoulder press
- Burpee with shoulder press
- Tricep kickback
- Split lunge
- Renegade row
- Vsit with curl and shoulder press
- V sit bicycle